Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, September 24, 2009

1st All Fondant Cake

So as some of you know, I'm in course 3 of my Wilton cake decorating. It is the course on Fondant and Tiered cakes! So on Tuesday our instructor had us bring a cake so we could learn how to cover and decorate with fondant.
Let me just tell you, I LOVE IT! It was so fun. Last week when I was sitting in class and she told us what we were going to be doing I thought "I'm never going to be able to make that." Well class went awesome! It was actually really easy. Working with fondant is so much nicer than working with buttercream. It is easier to clean up and it looks A LOT better. Fondant just gives a cake an all around clean, smooth look.
I'll definitely be working with fondant LOTS more :o)
Justin plays softball every Tuesday night. So after class I called him and he said he won his game, so i said we have to have a celebration party at our house so we can eat my cake. It was lots of fun!

Lemon cake, with lemon cream filling. Not my favorite, but still good!

Awe :o)

Byron was so intrigued by it:
I am so excited that i learned how to cover and decorate a cake with fondant! In another week we will be doing a tiered cake! Yipee!!
This is a Trifle I did for a BBQ on Labor Day:



3 comments:

lindsey hill said...

Hey, would you be willing to do a cake for emma for her birthday?? How much would you charge me if i got all the stuff for it??? Let me know what you think.
Lindsey
P.S. her birthday party is going to be on october 17th

Jalene said...

So cute!!! You are so talented!

Carly said...

OMGoodness! That is SO cute! You are way too talented for me to handle lol! Love the cakes!!!