Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baby Shower & A Great Weekend!

24 weeks

We had an awesome weekend! My sister headed up from Arizona on Thursday! I was so excited to see her and Lincoln again! Really, it will be the last time we see each other before we both have new additions to our families! CRAZY! My sister is 33 weeks and I'm 24... so we're about 9 weeks apart! I can't wait to find out what she's having! It's still a surprise!

So we spent all weekend preparing for a big shower that my sister and mom planned. They did an amazing job and I'm so grateful for all the work, time and money that they put into it! It turned out great!! It was nice to visit with the family and friends from my moms ward! And we got spoiled. Thank you to everyone who came and supported us! We love you guys!

Here are some pictures from this weekend (a little out of order):

Sunday:

Reading bedtime stories





Lincoln asked Uncle Kyle to lay with him until he fell asleep. So cute!

Our last picture together before they had to head home on Monday.

Saturday at the shower:
The food! Doesn't it look awesome?



The chocolate fountain... MMM!

Opening gifts

I have a ton more gift pictures, but didn't want to overwhelm you with them!

Then we had to get the pregnant sister pictures!


32 weeks & 23 weeks
I had the silly picture that mom wanted to take on here, but for my sisters sake I took it off. She'll thank me for it later :)


The diaper cake my sister made me! My sister totally spoiled me! She made me this diaper cake, a hand made nursing cover, and two hand made blankets! They are sooo cute! She spent so much time on all of it. I love everything. Thank you Sis!

A diaper cake my Aunt Roberta made me! Look at all the fun toys! It had handmade burp cloths & bibs on it too!

We got a ton of other things! We have tons of bath time items, like shampoo, lotion, towels, washcloths and more, along with lots of diapers an wipes. I'm sure we dont have enough diapers and wipes, but it sure seems like it! We got some cute outfits, books, toys, feeding items & lots of really cute blankets!
Again, I'm so grateful to everyone that came! We really appreciate your support!
I've been battling a cold this week. I thank my little nephew for that. Not fun! But I'm starting to feel a little bit better. I'm really glad it is Friday so I can rest up this weekend and have this cold gone by Monday. It is crazy to think that I'm 24 weeks. My goal is 12 more weeks!!! Only 12... now that's a reality check. I don't even feel close to being ready. There is SO much that still has to be done. There aren't even sheets or bedding in their cribs! I feel like I need to start thinking about what I will need to put in our hospital bag too, just in case, so it's ready. If you know me, I'm a TOTAL plan ahead person. So if things are ready early, then I feel MUCH better. It's going by much quicker now, and my belly is growing by the day! I can now actually watch my belly and see them move! Not just feel them. Justin saw them move last night too. He always thought I was lying cause I'd tell him that I could watch them move and they would never do it at night when he wanted to see it! They're both pretty crazy. I always thought Baby A was the crazy one, but lately I've been seeing Baby B move just as much!
Oh, and it's pretty much official:
Cade & Cole Ballantyne
We just started telling everyone that those were the names at the top of our list, and they stuck. Everyone is calling them that anyway, and we really like them! They just sound right! We're not sure on middle names, but I'm leaning towards giving them both their dads middle name. David. It works for both of them, then it is just as special for one, as it is the other. Not sure on that yet though!
I call Baby A, Cade and Baby B ,Cole. But Justin says whichever one comes out first is Cade. We'll see though :)
I can't wait to meet them!

0 comments: