Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Duke is One - And my favorite movie!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUKE!!!

One year ago yesterday, our puppy (not so much a puppy anymore) was born. And on August 8th we picked him up and brought Duke home. We fell in love with him from the moment we saw him. But what an adventure it has been! I remember when we first got him we would have to cage him in the kitchen by pushing the washer and dryer together and stacking two baby gates, one on top of another, just to keep him from roaming the house. He was a pretty good little pup! He rarely had accidents on the kitchen floor, but i do remember once when he got into the garbage and ate raw chicken from the night before. It got all over his bed and blankets. It smelled horrible!
But we had many of those kinds of stories, ripped up magazines, torn up toilet paper, throwing up, eating a little stuffed animal then puking it up whole, PLUS tons more!
Now he is such a well mannered dog! He was fully potty trained by the time he was 4 or 5 months old, and now we can leave him out to be free in the house. We no longer have to lock him up in his kennel for 6-8 hours a day. He mostly just sleeps on our bed, or on the bean bag. We still put the garbage can up cause I know he get's kind of nosy. He stays in the yard, doesn't run off, and he is so fun to play with. I'm glad we decided to get a dog, and that we chose him!
YES MAN! Have you ever seen it? If you haven't, DO IT NOW! I absolutely love this movie. Ask Justin, i'm obsessed with it! I have it on my iPod, i have the songs in my favorites playlist, and i quote it all the time!
My favorite parts are when they are in the bar and he gets drunk (Because he has to say YES to all the drinks his friends put in front of him) and then a girl comes up and he kisses her randomly and her boyfriend comes up and asks what his problem is and he says

"Do you wanna fight?" And he says, "Ok but if I win, Iget to take that pretty girl of yours to a Ball, cause she deserves that. Every pretty girl deserves to go to a Ball."

So then they fight, and he loses. So at the end of the fight he gets really sad and says "Oh... she's never gunna go to a Ball."

My second favorite part is right after he has a Red Bull all nighter with his friends and he meets up with Allison (Zooey Deschanel).
He's talking about some raves that he went to and he gets a glow in the dark necklace and it's around his neck and he says "I got a new necklace, it glows in the dark. But you can't see it right now unless you go like this..." Then he puts the necklace over his eyes and covers his eyes with his hands! It's so funny!!

Zooey Deschanel does such a good job in this movie with Jim Carrey! So if you haven't seen it yet, plan a movie night!!

1 comments:

Carly said...

HAHAHA I laughed out loud here at work when I saw that picture of Jim Carrey with the tape smooshing on his face! That is freaking hilarious! I have only seen Yes Man! once, but I guess I need to watch it again. Love you sis!

P.S. only 30 more days!!! YIPEE!